References in this market
Cimpor – Cimentos Portugal, SGPS, SA, founded in 1976, is present in Portugal and Cabo Verde. In 2018, he joined the Turkish group OYAK.
Cimpor´s main activity is the production and sale of cement. With 4 production units and an annual cement production capacity of 7.7 million tons, it also produces and sells concrete, aggregates and mortars, with a view to vertical integration of the businesses.
In Portugal, Cimpor owns three cement production plants with its own clinker, in Alhandra, Souselas and Loulé.
The tender launched by Cimpor consisted of the “design, supply, assembly, connections, tests and commissioning of the fuel oil storage and transport system to the main furnace burner at the Loulé Production Center”. The contract was “turnkey”.
The work consisted of:
- Disassembly of the existing fuel oil storage tank, with a capacity of 2170 m3 (16.00 m in diameter by 10.80 m in height);
- Disassembly of the Diesel Reservoir, two boilers to produce superheated hot water and steam for the tracing of the fuel oil pipelines, water compression groups and diesel pumps;
- Removal of all equipment that constituted the fuel oil circuit to the burners of the pre-calciner;
- Design, construction and installation of a vertical reservoir for fuel oil storage, with a capacity of 120m3, according to API 650, built in stainless steel of quality 1.4404 (AISI 316L), equipped with an electric suction heater/exchanger, formed replaceable resistors;
- Fire Fighting Project, composed of a system of extinguishing by deluge valves with foam lance device and pourer for the projection of foam on the inner wall of the reservoir;
- Supply of a fuel oil control and regulation portico to the Burner of the Oven;
- Design and execution of the mechanical interconnections between the new reservoir and the existing equipment;
- Design, supply and assembly of electric trace heating cables, in the fuel oil pipelines - forward and return lines, between the reservoir and the Furnace Burner;
- Design, supply and assembly of instrumentation in the pipelines, reservoir, exchangers and portico of fuel oil at the Furnace Burner - temperatures, flows, pressures and fuel levels;
- Design, construction and installation of new electrical panels (power and instrumentation - analog signals) and respective electrical interconnections;
- Design and Construction of the new containment basin;
- Commissioning of all equipment, start-up training, and start operation and supervision.